Life...from Heidi's neck of the woods

Friday, July 21, 2006

I AM SO TOTALLY BLESSED!!

Well hello my faithful and very patient readers :D Sorry I have been so bad at keeping you updated on my summer travels, but its because of just that - traveling - that I have not had much time to get online! So right now I am at Julia's house where I have been feeling much like I'm at home just being able to relax and hang out. Julia and I went for a kayak yesterday evening..soo beautiful out, little windy but not enough to tip us over :) Then we went to watch a viewing of Madagascar outside on the Library wall downtown, with my Meredith, Ray and my dad. It was the perfect end to a perfect day!

So I didn’t get my whole post finished while I was in town so I am going to finish while I sit here looking out my loft window at the speckling pond (b/c of the raindrops falling right now). I can really describe in words how much I love being at home…and well to call this home (boundary road). I have had to explain where home is a number of times this summer and it does sound so strange and confusing ever time I say it. I have realized more and more this summer just how much God has blessed me. As I visit my way down the highway I am overwhelmed with how many AMAZING friends I really have, and how I feel like an another member of their family, not just a friend. This truly means so much to me and I love you all for being such great examples of what Christian couples, parents, families and friends should be!
Speaking of families I would appreciate it if you could be praying for my grampa. He got shingles a couple weeks ago but they have been getting worse, I think b/c of the extreme heat we have been having. This week I came back up early because he really wasn’t sounding very good at all. It is scary how fast someone you love can deteriorate. However good news today grampa sounded much better than he has sounded in a few weeks. He seems to be getting some relief from the pain because of the new pain pills he is on. I hope they continue to help so that he can get his strength back, I really hate seeing him like this.
Neways Mon I will be heading down to Anarbour to take the train across to Chicago, well Gurnee, to stay with my sister and bro in law and of course my 2 beautiful and awesome nephews!!! Yes I’m just a little excited!!! I get to be babysitter :D and aunt extraordinaire heheh…its about time I know!!! Alrighty well I do believe they have internet down there so hopefully I will find some time b/n being entertained by sam and ben to write another post, or at the very least post some pictures finally!!
Hope everyone is doing well..and enjoying their summer to the max! Can’t wait to hear all the stories..and tell mine once I get back to Honduras. And my K Ladies (Krystal, Kara, Katie, and Christine) its just not going to be the same this year without you…especially because there won’t be any crazy Kara stories of how many squirrels she shot this summer lol!! Make sure you keep in touch b/c I’m going to try my best too!
Ok time to end this Miss you all.

1 Comments:

  • Heids! I wish I were home to visit! Awwww. Hope you have a super time in Chicago though...live, love, and breathe being an aunt...it rocks!

    By Blogger Asylum, At 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home