Life...from Heidi's neck of the woods

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Big Decisions!!

Well once again..its amazing how fast a month can FLY by! Now almost a month since my last post and wow has it been full...just check out Amy's to find out just how crazy it has been. Full of retreats, family fun days, world fairs, and much more! I will try to put some pictures on, as I much prefer pics over a 1000 words ;)

So most recently our contracts came out and are well overdue now. I took the weekend to spend a little bit more time praying and tossing pros and cons around. I have not yet offically signed the contract but I am thinking that I will prolly stay for one last year. This has not been an easy decision BY FAR!! and I would still appreciate lots of prayer that this would be the right decision and for the year to come that it would be one filled with God's blessings, amazing experiences and opportunities. Amy is also staying for one more year so I'm sure she could use the same prayers. We have such a great "school family" down here. We really appareciate the support and encouragment we get from our principal and director. They are very approachable and always willing to listen and give insite into whatever the situation. Along with the friendships made it makes leaving this place very hard, even with knowing that I would then be that much closer to all my amazing friends and family at home who I miss SOOO MUCH!!! and who miss me I know ;)

So it is now offical...I have decided to sign my contract....tieing me in for another year down here in Honduras. I thought that as I have found myself sick once again :( that it might have something to do with the extra pressure I am putting on myself as I continue to put off making that so hard but final decision regarding next year. So I did it, along with taking the day off to try and get some rest, as for some strange reason I don't seem to get ANY rest while at school...who knows why! might just have something to do with the TYPE of class I teach! Hard to just sit and watch most of the time. So now that things are decided please continue to pray for peace about it...it is a happy but sad decision all at the same time :) :(

Alrighty well I shall attempt right now to put some pictures on so pray it goes smoothly or you won't get any til we get back from our Panama trip. Yes we leave for Panama on friday after school!! woo hoo so crazy I can't beleive it. Going to see the canal of course...and who knows what else...hoping to learn to surf!! Yes we'll have lots of pics when we get back have to make an album to send out...asap!
ok so here goes



This Eurobungy was so totally AWSOME!! I was so exhasuted after I got off. Think I may have done one too many flips heheh!! but it was totally worth it! Oh how I still want to be a gymnast or diver!


Christine posing at the fake mayan ruins at the Jesus Statue. We had a great time, her and I, clicking pics all around there! We are very creative photographers.

This is our fun group.... back to front left to right Joseph, Jen, Melodee, Amy, Christins, Kevin, Kyle and Me.

Melodee and myself looking out over the view under the archway.

Me just playing around on the light post. Kinda looked like a spot out of the movies.

5 Comments:

  • Heidi-
    Great decision! You are a great fit at the school... love the lamp picture! I knew you could fly :-)

    By Blogger Kevin P, At 11:01 AM  

  • i love lamp

    By Blogger Darcie Dow, At 4:04 PM  

  • Your mom forwarded your email, so I knew already ... she stole your thunder;). I'm glad you were able to come to a decision. No decision would have been a decision, eh? If you lived next door, we'd be very sad, but since you'd still be eleven hours away ...
    In any case we do miss you and will make the most of summer opportunities and maybe, just maybe six flags. Also, check our blog ... I've figured out how to upload video to You Tube.

    By Blogger Burly, At 10:16 PM  

  • heids! Congrats on making a decision...I know it was tough, but God's got it all under control and hey, that means I can come visit ya in Honduras again! Weeeeee.
    K, have a geeereat time in Panama...I'm so excited that you're going!
    Peace.

    By Blogger Asylum, At 11:56 AM  

  • Thanks Kevin, I hope I don't become irreplaceable though...

    hehe it was fun to take the lamp picture...great feet of strenght lol....and timing lol

    Matt I wish I could live next door to you guys too...then it would make it nearly impossible to move anywhere else!!! I am really looking forward to this summer...have to spend some serious time in Gurnee...six flags is a must lol :D

    Yes Melissa it does mean that you need to come back down and visit :D we'll let you know when another tournament comes around :D have to defend our title!

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home