Bout time again
Yes its about time for another update I know..
My excuse has been that Melissa has been here...hah but can't even use that b/c she has updated her blog more than me. But my response to that is that she was able to have lots of hammok time in the sun and days at home here to blog...while I was at school trying to educate and motivate children. I am so glad that Melissa came to visit. It was SOO nice to have someone from home here, especially for an extended period of time. She got to meet and hang out with the friends I have made here. It is so hard to explain to people at home what life is like here...you have to just expereince it foryourself...you can try to ask Melissa to explain it and see if she is able to put it into words.
I have been neglecting to write once again b/c things have been hectic here. I have been needing some serious God Time and have not been doing very well at getting it. Last week was probably one of the worst weeks, emotionally, for me in a long time. I really wanted to just walk out at lunch time and call it quits. I have been listening to wineing and complaining students for so long and then I had another major episode of disrespectful behaviour which put me over the top! I am really praying for wisdom for dealing with situations like this and for more love for these students. I want to be consistent and Godly in my actions here.
My week did however end off on a good note b/c it was Amy's birthday and we had a SWEET salmon dinner and then all went to La Cumbre for an awsome chocolate cheese cake desert (who knew I liked cheese cake...yet another leaf turned!) We treated Melissa as well b/c here birthday is well its TODAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!!!
Than we headed down to volleyball at the American school which was great fun. It has been very nice to find a new group of friends who are outside of the ALP bubble!! It has been very refreshing for me and I quite enjoy them, we went to Paul and Sarah's house after to watch the womens skating finals projected on the wall. The skaters were seriously life size. They also have a trampoline and this cool balance board which apparently I am quite good at :D man should have been a gymnast!
Friday we took off for Bagope once again for the teacher retreat...only after saying goodbye to Melissa at the shell station...once again sorry I couldn't of brought you to the airport myself :( sniff sniff The retreat was fun...just nice to get away for a change, even though it wasn't super relaxing b/c there was so much to do. We got to go to the falls again which is soo awsome...I can't even describe what it is like going behind a waterfall and then looking up at the massive amounts of water rushing down around you. It is just AWSOME!!! Paul Laparra was able to be back for the retreat so it was a lot of fun to hang out with him again. Blast from the past so to speak hahahaha brought back our enthusiasm for Ultimate Frisbee..which was needed. We played 500 up nite frisbee style...only one rule...there are no rules hahaha. We all got pushed around a little bit but I think Paul took Trina out more often than not haha!
Well another week has begun and is part way through...alas I do live for the weekends!! Only a couple more weeks of 3rd quarter left...I can not beleive how fast this year has gone by. Step and Ruthie (student teachers here) are leaving on sun :( which will be sad...we have grown to love them over the 7 weeks they have been here. So hard to understand how close you can get to a person living here b/c you are with them pretty much ALL the time (work, play, and just being). You go so quickly from complete strangers to very hard to say goodbye!
Well this is long enough and I will try to put pictures on soon but seem to be having problems with that again. I have to go shower right now b/c we are having a potluck tonight and then off to bible study so another full night.
miss you all so much!!!!
love
Heidi 8)
Some random pictures to share
My excuse has been that Melissa has been here...hah but can't even use that b/c she has updated her blog more than me. But my response to that is that she was able to have lots of hammok time in the sun and days at home here to blog...while I was at school trying to educate and motivate children. I am so glad that Melissa came to visit. It was SOO nice to have someone from home here, especially for an extended period of time. She got to meet and hang out with the friends I have made here. It is so hard to explain to people at home what life is like here...you have to just expereince it foryourself...you can try to ask Melissa to explain it and see if she is able to put it into words.
I have been neglecting to write once again b/c things have been hectic here. I have been needing some serious God Time and have not been doing very well at getting it. Last week was probably one of the worst weeks, emotionally, for me in a long time. I really wanted to just walk out at lunch time and call it quits. I have been listening to wineing and complaining students for so long and then I had another major episode of disrespectful behaviour which put me over the top! I am really praying for wisdom for dealing with situations like this and for more love for these students. I want to be consistent and Godly in my actions here.
My week did however end off on a good note b/c it was Amy's birthday and we had a SWEET salmon dinner and then all went to La Cumbre for an awsome chocolate cheese cake desert (who knew I liked cheese cake...yet another leaf turned!) We treated Melissa as well b/c here birthday is well its TODAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!!!
Than we headed down to volleyball at the American school which was great fun. It has been very nice to find a new group of friends who are outside of the ALP bubble!! It has been very refreshing for me and I quite enjoy them, we went to Paul and Sarah's house after to watch the womens skating finals projected on the wall. The skaters were seriously life size. They also have a trampoline and this cool balance board which apparently I am quite good at :D man should have been a gymnast!
Friday we took off for Bagope once again for the teacher retreat...only after saying goodbye to Melissa at the shell station...once again sorry I couldn't of brought you to the airport myself :( sniff sniff The retreat was fun...just nice to get away for a change, even though it wasn't super relaxing b/c there was so much to do. We got to go to the falls again which is soo awsome...I can't even describe what it is like going behind a waterfall and then looking up at the massive amounts of water rushing down around you. It is just AWSOME!!! Paul Laparra was able to be back for the retreat so it was a lot of fun to hang out with him again. Blast from the past so to speak hahahaha brought back our enthusiasm for Ultimate Frisbee..which was needed. We played 500 up nite frisbee style...only one rule...there are no rules hahaha. We all got pushed around a little bit but I think Paul took Trina out more often than not haha!
Well another week has begun and is part way through...alas I do live for the weekends!! Only a couple more weeks of 3rd quarter left...I can not beleive how fast this year has gone by. Step and Ruthie (student teachers here) are leaving on sun :( which will be sad...we have grown to love them over the 7 weeks they have been here. So hard to understand how close you can get to a person living here b/c you are with them pretty much ALL the time (work, play, and just being). You go so quickly from complete strangers to very hard to say goodbye!
Well this is long enough and I will try to put pictures on soon but seem to be having problems with that again. I have to go shower right now b/c we are having a potluck tonight and then off to bible study so another full night.
miss you all so much!!!!
love
Heidi 8)
Some random pictures to share
Me and Korieno (means sweetheart). Notice the mitts..that was one of the coldest soccer games I've ever had to stand through!!

This was a beautiful sunset on the way home from a different soccer game.

A field of shanty's on the way to Tela. Unbelieveable the things you see along the road here.

Our CD cover from Tela

And pictures wouldn't be complete without a beach shot. That pile of sand was turned into a huge Octopus that stood up to the test of the tide!

Sorry still waiting for the pictures of the falls from Amy...I'll post them when I get them. Even tried to post last years pics but wouldn't work :( gggrrr....

3 Comments:
Great entry, always enjoy reading your blog. Hang in there with los estudiantes, they appreciate you more than they let on!
By
Anonymous, At
11:34 PM
Thanks for the encouragement ...sometimes... well most of the time they make you wonder if you are doing anyhing right!
By
~Heidi 8) ~, At
8:24 AM
Hey Heids! I like seeing my name in print...nice! I have to say, I had an awesome time visiting you! I miss being there! Thanks again for having me...you rock! K...I will be keeping you in my prayers for sure...God will help you feel at peace with your students, no worries. K...BIG hugs from Canada...peace.
By
Asylum, At
5:12 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home