Birthday fun
First thing is first...no posts b/c I've been computerless and couldn't figure out how to post without it. Now i've figured it out so here goes.
Well another birthday has come and gone, and it was another fun one at that. It was a weekend event. It started on friday afterschool when my roommates kidnapped me, complete with blindfold and rope around the wrists. They threw me into the trunk and drove down the mountain. We also had a mystery rider in the car truck too...not until we got where we were going did I find out who it was. As we were walking into the place we were going Kyle said "oh yeah we got you a massage" which totally threw me for a loop. It did not look like a place to get a massage and then I saw Jen Arnold there too. (Librarian and also my assistant v-ball coach) I had no idea what she was doing there, and apparently she thought I would have more idea as to why she was there. It took me a few seconds to figure out that we were in a cake decorating store and Jen was here to help me pick out some things to help us make my birthday cake. Jen does a lot of cake decorating thus she really knows what she is doing when it comes to using the different tips, and making awsome icing. I picked out a couple different tips that I wanted to learn how to use, and the rest of the stuff we needed to make the icing. Once home we set in on making 4 boxes of cake, and a whole lot of icing (6 bags of sugar worth). "It takes a lot of muscle to make icing" that would be a quote from Amy. She got to do the inital mixing of the crisco and sugar.
After playing around with the different tips I learned how to do a pretty good rope, shells, and not too bad at the basket weave too. Amy did a good job with the rose, shes got that natural artistic side.
Then the next task was to figure out what the heck to do with the cake...it was like a blank slate. I had only ever worked with molded cake pans before...which is basically like colour by number only with icing. NEways long story short I decided on a ocean/beach scene. The whole cake was blue and a tiny island with a single palm tree on it. I played around with the sea bottom and put some added fishies and sharkies on it. I got a lot of great pictures of it but they are not on this computer right now (melodee's). Soon I will have my hard drive back and I will get them posted so all can see my master piece cake. Amy helped me with creating the palm tree...as it had to be constructed out of tin foil first.
The rest of the weekend held an awsome Ultimate Frisbee game, great dinner with friends at Ruby Tuesdays..(bestboneless bufflo wings EVER!!!), friends over for cake and presents sun nite. Amy, Melodee, Trina, Kyle and Joseph all went in on a big George Forman like griller for me. Kind of a community gift..but i'm prolly the one who will apprecite it the most lol...use it the most 8) so no worries.
Well when weekends are so packed like this one was they just seem to fly by. Mon's are never fun days when they are day 4's ...just seem to last forever!! espeically when you don't get home til 7pm b/c of having to grade projects and write quizes! Oh well tomorrow will be better...get to play some v-ball. The end of the year is sooo close I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am excited to go home...I miss everyone so much!!!
Ok well has gone on long enough...but I guess I have a lot of catching up to do...considering amy out blogs me oh about 25 to 1!!! Pictures to come soon..on either mine or amy's (seeing all the pictures are on her computer right now).
love you and miss you all
Heidi 8)
Well another birthday has come and gone, and it was another fun one at that. It was a weekend event. It started on friday afterschool when my roommates kidnapped me, complete with blindfold and rope around the wrists. They threw me into the trunk and drove down the mountain. We also had a mystery rider in the car truck too...not until we got where we were going did I find out who it was. As we were walking into the place we were going Kyle said "oh yeah we got you a massage" which totally threw me for a loop. It did not look like a place to get a massage and then I saw Jen Arnold there too. (Librarian and also my assistant v-ball coach) I had no idea what she was doing there, and apparently she thought I would have more idea as to why she was there. It took me a few seconds to figure out that we were in a cake decorating store and Jen was here to help me pick out some things to help us make my birthday cake. Jen does a lot of cake decorating thus she really knows what she is doing when it comes to using the different tips, and making awsome icing. I picked out a couple different tips that I wanted to learn how to use, and the rest of the stuff we needed to make the icing. Once home we set in on making 4 boxes of cake, and a whole lot of icing (6 bags of sugar worth). "It takes a lot of muscle to make icing" that would be a quote from Amy. She got to do the inital mixing of the crisco and sugar.
After playing around with the different tips I learned how to do a pretty good rope, shells, and not too bad at the basket weave too. Amy did a good job with the rose, shes got that natural artistic side.
Then the next task was to figure out what the heck to do with the cake...it was like a blank slate. I had only ever worked with molded cake pans before...which is basically like colour by number only with icing. NEways long story short I decided on a ocean/beach scene. The whole cake was blue and a tiny island with a single palm tree on it. I played around with the sea bottom and put some added fishies and sharkies on it. I got a lot of great pictures of it but they are not on this computer right now (melodee's). Soon I will have my hard drive back and I will get them posted so all can see my master piece cake. Amy helped me with creating the palm tree...as it had to be constructed out of tin foil first.
The rest of the weekend held an awsome Ultimate Frisbee game, great dinner with friends at Ruby Tuesdays..(bestboneless bufflo wings EVER!!!), friends over for cake and presents sun nite. Amy, Melodee, Trina, Kyle and Joseph all went in on a big George Forman like griller for me. Kind of a community gift..but i'm prolly the one who will apprecite it the most lol...use it the most 8) so no worries.
Well when weekends are so packed like this one was they just seem to fly by. Mon's are never fun days when they are day 4's ...just seem to last forever!! espeically when you don't get home til 7pm b/c of having to grade projects and write quizes! Oh well tomorrow will be better...get to play some v-ball. The end of the year is sooo close I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am excited to go home...I miss everyone so much!!!
Ok well has gone on long enough...but I guess I have a lot of catching up to do...considering amy out blogs me oh about 25 to 1!!! Pictures to come soon..on either mine or amy's (seeing all the pictures are on her computer right now).
love you and miss you all
Heidi 8)

2 Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :-) Appears you had a great time - hope you enjoyed your cake - moment on the lips, lifetime on the ...
By
Anonymous, At
1:55 AM
Very nice site!
» » »
By
Anonymous, At
1:39 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home