Life...from Heidi's neck of the woods

Sunday, August 26, 2007

wow what a summer

Wow, I can't believe my last post I was still in Honduras. Ok so its been quite a while..I appoligize to all my faithful readers, but honestly those that are faithful know that sometimes I go in spurts...with sometimes long breaks in between. Neways my excuse is that I haven't had much internet pretty much all summer. Very quick email checks here and there as I travelled around the countyside. I had an amazing summer where I was able to go out with amy to visit my favourite Chris Bakker in calgary, where we got to check out the Stampede and travel through the Rockies(ahhhh breathtaking!!), and then hang out in Vancouver (with Kathern and melodee) and Washington for Trina's wedding (oh such a beautiful day it was)- then to Gurnee to stay with my sister's family (3 very cute nephews) - all of which took up over 3 weeks of my summer - totally awsome experience though. As for the rest of my summer I won't bore you with more of the fun details heheh but it was full of hanging out with family and visiting more friends. I am so blessed, Really!
Neways this is a post to update you on where I am now and what I am doing this year. Well long story short I am leaving tomorrow morning to head up to camp Medeba (in West Guilford, Ontario, near Haliburton for those who know a bit of ontario) where I will be participating in their Leadership Development program. I am super excited about this opportunity, especially since it looks like the program was designed with me in mind;) It is 10 months full of adventure skills like rock and ice climbing, high and low ropes, kayaking, canoeing, back country skiing, snowshoeing and more. Along with all those amazing activities I will be challenged in my spiritual walk with God as well. I am very excited to have someone lead and help me to learn more about who I am in Christ and really push me to think, ask questions, and look deeper all the while keeping me accountable to my goals set for the year. I am really pumped to see what God has planned for this year, especially as I have already seen Him answer prayers with regards to financial help for me to be able to take this course. God truely is SO GOOD!
if you would like to get a better outlook on what i'm doing this year go to www.medeba.com and look up LDP 10 month course.

I will have internet while I am there so i will try to get some pics up from this summer as well as from the many back country trips I will be going on this year.
Thankyou so much for all your continued prayers. To my family in Honduras I miss you all!! But am really glad to hear you found a pe teacher for my girls :) Hallaluiah!!
Please also remember my friend Laura Trigg as she just lost her mother very suddenly this week to blog clots that were in her brain. The funeral was on saturday and I don't know if her mom was a believer or not so please keep Laura and her family in your prayers. She has a lot to deal with now as she is her mom's executor as well. So many decisions!

Time for bed, right after I give my blog a new and appropriate name....

4 Comments:

  • So, you're back from Honduras now. Looks like it's time for a new blog post sometime around the new year, eh?

    By Blogger Burly, At 8:41 AM  

  • you should write a new blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:12 AM  

  • do you check your blog anymore?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:32 AM  

  • Yes but haven't in quite a while b/c I haven't had time to. Just got back from a week long winter trip up in bruce mines :) Took everyone out to Skookum for 2 nights and slept in quinhzees so much fun but very chilly as -15 C was the average temperature the whole time we were out there! I'll try to get some pictures updated soon! Thanks for keeping up with me and my goings on.

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home