How time flys!
Beauitful Honduran Countryside
So I am quickly coming to the realization that the year is very quickly winding down. Which is very scary b/c it is my final year down here. I am finding it very stressful trying to keep up with present day stuff while trying to figure out future stuff like what the heck I'm going to do when I get home. As I travel around town down here on the bus to and from our v-ball games I find myself thinking about how strange it will be to not see guards carrying guns or walls with razor wire or the people selling fruit in the middle of the roads. All of these things and many more have become so 'everyday' to me and I can't imagine yet not being able to look out over the beautiful city during the day, or the amazing city lights at nite as we drive up or down the mountain. I am really going to miss being down here, especially when I think about the amazing friendships I have made. I am so thankful for the people God has put in my life, as He always knows just what and who we need.
Today I decided to take a me day. I have been so exhausted lately and I know that I still have work to get done however I wanted to just advantage of a beautiful sat to relax and visit people I won't have the advantage of 'popping over to see' in a few short weeks. So I popped over to visit Jonathan and Cossetta (my principal and his wife) and their 2 kids. One advantage to being in a smaller christian private school is that you get to know your collegues very well, including your administration. I am very much going to miss this! During our visit today I found out that Jonathan's back has not gotten any better, and he just found out that he does infact have a couple herniated discs again. He's had previous surgery to fix the problem, however it looks like he is going to have to have surgery again sometime in aug. Please pray for him, that he would not continue to be in pain, especially during the summer as he is completing his masters. Also that the Lord would put His healing hand on his back that the surgery would not be needed, that the Lord would work a miracle and make him good as new :) I am continually encouraged by their faithfulness and love for Christ, as it overflows into all areas of their lives.
I also want to give a shout out to my Mommy as its mothers day tomorrow :) I am glad to hear that she is one pin less in her ankle and one pin closer to being able to actually walk normally again. It truely is crazy how one little slip can take soooo long to recover from. I am thankful for the attitude my mom has maintained throughout this trial, she continues to see this whole ordeal as a blessing from God to help her put her life in perspective, and prepare her for retirement.
On another medical note I want to thank all of you who were praying for my Grampa's recovery as it has gone very well. I talked to him just the other nite and I am so excited to hear how much better he sounds. He has nowed offically moved into Pathways (a retirement home in Sault Ste Marie) and it is perfect for him. He is loving being there as he gets 3 full meals a day (that he doesn't have to think about preparing) and there are lots of different activities to do and many people around to visit. I can't wait to get home to visit him and I am so thankful to hear how much happier he sounds. God is so good.
Alrighty well kind of a random update but its been 2 months so I figured random was better than nothing. I will have to write more soon as I'm sure I will have some fun stories to tell about my birthday :) heheh always fun times down here.
ok well until next week....
Here are a few pictures from the ABSH v-ball tournie in San Pedro Sula couple weeks ago.
Me trying to give a pep talk....some are actually listening ;)
Go PUMA"S!!
Thank goodness for road side tire places. It would have taken us FOREVER to change our bus tire if it weren't for that wonderful little airgun thing...look at all those bolts!
Common site on the side of the highway.

2 Comments:
hey girl! i totally understand what you mean about trying to absorb everything that's supposedly 'novel' about the place you're in, yet seems so 'normal' because you've adapted to it. i'm back in canada now... and missing korea like crazy. i hope you are able to take a piece of honduras home with you in your heart. love u, em.
By
kanadians in korea, At
9:18 PM
ps -- my new blog is http://canvaschild.wordpress.com.
By
kanadians in korea, At
9:21 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home