Life...from Heidi's neck of the woods

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Praise the Lord!


Well what do you know..once again its been quite a while since I last posted...however I have a good excuse this time...I didn't get much internet time over Christmas b/c I was in Bruce Mines for most of it and there is not much internet capability there. But I did have a wonderful time at home with my family and got to see most of my friends...sorry to those i didn't get to see :( Just wasn't enough time. I did get to go to Ottawa with Darcie's parents to visit her and Keith and we had an awsome time there and on the road lol.
I got to spend a lot of time with my parents, matt and naomi and the boys...which are very busy now hehe....and of course the new addition to our family Phoebe the taby cat. She is so much fun you can chase after her and then she will turn around a chase after you. She is a perfect fit into our family and a great new friend for my mom when dad is away. I also got to spend some time with Grampa...we went out for a Timmy's coffee...well French Vanilla cappuccino.
I will have to put up some pictures from Christmas soon but right now things are crazy b/c I feel like I am playing catch up seeing as I didnt' get all my work done before I left and now soccer games have started. We spent this week trying to find our luggage....amy and I got to have a wonderful flight back...made a 15 minute connection in houston by running through the airport but only to find out once we got to Teguc that our luggage did not make the connection. That is when the real fun began b/c we have spent the rest of the week calling and trying to locate our luggage. Apparently it was flown to San Pedro and then transported here but obviously not directly b/c it too them 5 days...seeing as its now thur, for it to get here. Nothing was missing...but they sure looked like they had been well travelled. Amy's brand new bags looked a little darker than they started out. So the sega of the missing bags is almost over..only thing left is to see what kind of compensation we can get for the 4 days without our stuff. I'll keep you posted on that front.
well it is getting late and I'm way past exhusted and still have work to finish. Pics to come soon...but here is one of amy and I enjoying our first class flight from houston to tegu...what luxury.





6 Comments:

  • The food looked nice, but I noticed they put you in the BACK of first class. - The Principal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:42 AM  

  • Hey, I say the back is the best place to be, we get to view all the splendor that is the first class cabin from our locale ;)

    By Blogger -Amy-, At 10:06 PM  

  • Heidi,
    I will be bringing a team to tegu in March. We could use some interpretors if any of your students would have an interst we need about 10. Let me know.

    Well glad to see you had a great time in the North woods.
    Doug

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:16 PM  

  • The back is always the stop that students fight for...got to be something good about it right ? lol

    Doug let me know when you are coming and amount of time they would be needed for etc (like would they have to miss school) and i'll see what i can do. Would it be totally community service or would they get paid a little?

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 10:43 AM  

  • hey girl... so nice that you could have christmas at home and with keith and darcie... it's exciting they're going to be parents, hey? anyway, i hope God gives you rest and strength over the next few weeks. love em.

    By Blogger kanadians in korea, At 1:30 AM  

  • If we used your students they would get paid a little we always do that . Jean Davison is now contacting to see if this would work. Doug

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home