Life...from Heidi's neck of the woods

Monday, October 17, 2005

The much needed update

My appolizes...as its been over a month since I last wrote. I was all excited that I posted before we left for our trip..and Amy hadn't hahaha...and then well ya we got back and I just never got my butt in gear to let you all know how it was. So then Amy did a very fine job of summing up most of the major events of the trip and then of the student retreat too. Then I just started to think how am I going to sum up everything that has happened now that I'm this far behind. Well I think I'll not try to do that or you will hate me even more because it would be an overwhelmingly LONG post. And those are not always fun to read, unless they have pictures.

So what has been going on lately here.....well I have been helping Chris and the grade 10's out with making the sets for their play production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. There is a lot of work required for a production like this and I still wonder sometimes if the students really realize just how much time and effort is required. Chris has done an amazing job making the back drops look absolutely awsome!! Right now my job is creating a wishing well out of cardboard and a garbage can and some other random things. I am hoping that it will stay standing on its own and not look too much like well the cardboard that it really is haha. Helping with the play has replaced my coaching track and basketball. I was so fried by the end of last year when I coached all 4 sports that I decided this year that I am only going to coach soccer and Volleyball. Yes I did say soccer. LOL I am co-coaching that with Naomi who coached last year. So between the 2 of us we should be able to do something right.

My classes have been going much better this year. I only have a few ladies who still don't agree with having to actually WORK in PE class, and then also those who would rather talk than listen. They always like to test my patience, but then it keeps life interesting right....So I'm not completely sure why..but I seem to be more succeptable to getting sick down here. I am now sick for the second time this year. I think it has a lot to do with the fact I have been really tired lately...so much to do..not enough sleep. I am starting to feel a little better, now I just feel like I have a bad cold. I am hoping to kick this thing in the butt because we are planning to head to Roatan to go diving in just over a month and I can not be sick if I want to dive. Please pray for my health as I can sure use the extra prayers in this area. It is much appreciated.

Well Thankgiving weekend came and went down here....but it is today that we are finally going to celebrate it with the other Canadians here. We are going to enjoy our "turkey" aka chicken dinner this afternoon. I am sooo ready for a sweet dinner like this. Mashed potatoes bring it on!! Amy and I are making Broccoli and cheese sause...unfortuantely we didn't get Miriam's recepie so we are going to attempt a recepie we found online...hope it works, but prolly won't be as good as Miriam's. We are also making Coleslaw from Chris's Grandma's recepie. I'll let you know how the food turns out, maybe add some pictures when I get home.

So that was definately some ramblings from honduras and I am going to try to put some pictures on tonight, as I am more of a picture person myself. Time to go make some food.

Miss you all so much!! and all the fall colours at home I've been hearing about!
love
Heidi 8)

3 Comments:

  • Are you getting any rain from the hurricane? it looks like it brushed honduras, but I don't know how far inland you are.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:24 AM  

  • Heidi,
    Hope you are feeling better now. Remember if you get sick I left you some high power antibiotics but do take with food.
    Doug

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:28 PM  

  • Hey Miles,
    Yes we are starting to get rain now...little delayed from what was expected. I am basically right in the middle of Honduras.

    And Doug I haven't tried the meds yet...got some other antibiotics from the pharmacy here..so crazy that you can get meds without even a prescription!! little scary how easy it is to get drugs. Neways I am feeling better still a bit a of a cough..but much better than I was.

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home