Life...from Heidi's neck of the woods

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Yes I'm Alive!

So I have decided that it is about time I stop letting my computer win this blogging battle. So here goes…

I have survived 2 weeks of school now and classes have been going fairly well, much better than last year neways. I am excited for this year; I think it is going to be a great year. My girls seem to be enjoying class more than last year and now I can spend more time getting to know them more as opposed to always having to be getting after them for complaining or not participating. I am trying to make the class more personal for them and I think they like that.
I was excited for this week too because Kyle and I were going to do Tae-Bo all week with all our classes. However, I found myself “violently ill” and have not been at school for 2 days now. As Amy has already told most of you I did have a fever of 102, but thankfully that dropped back down after taking 4 Advil – they do work wonders!! Well I did get to the Dr. yesterday and found out today that I do not have Dengue (which is a pretty serious virus or disease) but just a bacterial infection which is reeking havoc on my intestinal system. I will be very glad when it is gone and the antibiotics have run their course. I am feeling much better, still a tender abdomen but I am hoping to go back to work tomorrow. Probably won’t be doing any tae-bo myself yet ;) but at least I can be there to watch, encourage and press play and stop. Maybe even give Kyle some encouragement hahaha. He seems to be keeping up with most of his classes.

Oh yes another interesting event occurred on Friday when I got hit in the head by a soccer ball which was kicked my one of Kyle’s gr 11 boys, man can they ever kick hard. Crazy thing took me right off my feet, fully laying me out on the grass. My girls, who I was trying to teach at the time, were probably more shocked and scared then I was. Needless to say they were really great for me the rest of the class. They figured I should sit down and take it easy. How supportive of them.

Well that seems to be most of the things that have happened so far this week. I am hoping to be feeling better and that way maybe I’ll get better at keeping up with Amy’s blog. Thank-you to all of you who have been praying for me I really appreciate it and can definitely use it as this year my body seems to be taking a beating. Please continue to pray for stamina for me, in the physical but also the mental and spiritual too. I am so thankful for the supportive Christian community I have surrounding me down here, it would be SO much harder without them. That also goes to those who were here last year and are GREATLY missed this year (You know who you are J)

Alighty well I’m going to stop rambling…and put in some pictures because I much prefer to see pics than read a never ending post. So here goes…..
Love and Miss you all
Heidi 8)


Looking out over our dock and boat. So BEAUTIFUL! Pictures just doesn't do it justice.


Oh how I miss the sunsets on Skookum Lake!!

Practicing my fileting skills.....oh bass is SOOOO GOOD!! especially cooked right on the boat.

I got to help in the clean up of the tree my dad and I took down this summer. What fun!
This cutie-pa-tuttie is my nephew Samuel Josiah..and yes he is the cutest kid EVER!
And is taking right after his Auntie - gotta have DQ!

One of our little lizard friends...isnt' he just the cutest ever...such beautiful colours too!
Estefania and I - she is one of my awsome students!
Our apartment and our adopted member (a.k.a. Mr. Anomnous)
This is our very technologically advanced apartment, yes thats usually what our living room lookes like and yes there are wires everywhere to wach out for!!

7 Comments:

  • Hey Kiddo, thanks for the update and the pics from the summer.

    - Andrew

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:26 PM  

  • woo-hoo. blogger back in action. glad you're feeling better.

    -Matt

    By Blogger Burly, At 7:29 PM  

  • You are welcome...yes i'm getting better at blogging... thanks for the comments they are encouraging :D more blogs!

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 10:43 PM  

  • Ask and you shall receive! Besides, I love a girl who can handle a chainsaw! I don't think I've seen you since your group of friend blew through Bozeman, but that's the beauty of blogging--I can keep up with friends all around the world. Have a beautiful time down there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:15 AM  

  • I know miles isn't it great....I'm sad its been so long since we made the fly by trip. Oh the good times we had, all but memories now.
    You have to put some more pics on your blog now.

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 8:59 PM  

  • Heidi
    Welcom to the blogging world...and hey where is my link??
    there are some sweet pics going on there...keep on blogging.
    Loveth Erin

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:06 PM  

  • hahah mary thats awsome..I so want to see that 8) I haven't seen that guy in way too many years!!!
    I miss you guys..and tell richard happy very-belated birthday for me...I'm sorry i missed it :(

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home