Valle Adventure

Well today was a very nice day for a trip to Valle De Angeles. Thankfully this time we took two buses because we were very packed on our grocery trip yesterday. This is an annual trip at the beginning of the year, so the new teachers can do a little Honduran shopping (hammoks, chairs, tables, little trinkets) all the necessities to survive here. This is our new roommate picture, myself, amy, trina our new roommate and melodee. We have a very fun appartment and I am looking forward to this year.
We did not have a very expensive Valle trip this time, as our only purchase was some awsome retro beads that hang in the doorway. We now have them on each side of the appar
tment, making some sweet noice everytime you walk throught them. HAHA I am sure that in time, like a day or 2 we will tie them back but until then its fun to walk through them. Since we have been to Valle a couple times we took Kyle (new boys PE teacher) under our wing and showed him around. He has some larger purchases to make (Coffee table, end tables, hammok chair, etc) so we helped him find and carry them around. Once we got home he immediately hooked up the chair, which he was not happy with, but I think it will grow on him, especially after it gets a little stretched out.We ended up having Joseph and Kyle over for supper tonight...I don't think they'd ever pass down food! Kara and Chris also came over and critically examined our art work. Then we watched a movie. I'd say this day was action packed.
I also got some interesting news today from my principal. He informed me of my schedule, which is not sometime I am looking forward to. I am definately going to have a challenging year again, especially when I have half my gr 12's and 10's at the same time twice a week and then that same gr 12 half together with the other gr 12's once a week. Oh I am going to need to be on my toes all the time, with some creative ideas, especially on rainy days!!!
Neways thankyou all for your prayers as I need them and am really going to need them come thur next week when classes actually start. Hope you all are doing well.
God Bless
Heidi 8)
oh p.s. here is a picture I took as we were coming around to land in the Teguc airport. You can see the runway right in the middle of the picture near the top. Yes that is the WHOLE runway in the picture, makes for a rather bumpy and quick landing.

2 Comments:
I saw you in valley of the angeles well i saw you on the bus but i was heading that way when you guys were heading back kind of sad i know but oh well! I have my blog thing too but i have xanga so you can go in there if you want to see my blogs!!
By
Anonymous, At
8:28 AM
Excellent, love it! »
By
Anonymous, At
4:31 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home