Life...from Heidi's neck of the woods

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Packages make any day ROCK!

I love it when you find that little note in your mailbox at school that says "You have a package waiting for you in the administration building, bring Lps 5 and its yours"...That little note just makes your day even before you know who its from or what it is. I did however know it was from Darcie, which made me even more excited because I couldn't wait to see what fun and exciting things she sent this time :) Of course it contained items to help me remember where I came from....what would one do without a Tatoo of a mountie hehehe...I'm trying to convince melodee or kara they should try that one out. lol...no sale as of yet hahahha. I quite enjoyed my new Degarmo & Key cd...hahaha Darc or Julia I can still hear you groaning hehehe. Can I just say I am soo blessed with such awsome friends...I miss you all so very much.

Alrighty moving right along another week of school is done...thank goodness this was a 3 day week. I don't think I would have lasted any longer. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a terrible week I am just really ready for some seriously fun R&R, and not the kind you get when you are off sick! I was so pumped today when that last bell rang, and I found out our teacher meeting was cancelled. Couldn't get any better. Well actually it did, we had a freak hurricane like storm blow through after school while Melodee and I were in the home ec room trying to finish/fix our new bathing suits. Amazingly and thankfully the power stayed on so we could run the sewing machine, and so I could have a hot shower when I got home. When storms like that go through more often than not the power goes out for at least a couple hours.

The rest of the evening was uneventful really. Made dinner...Baleadas...oh so good, with home fries...even better!! We also broke out the Dutch blitz cards again as Kyle really wanted to try to redeem himself from his performance the other night. He seems to be catching on little by little. We actually let him win a game tonight, figured it would boost his confidence. We wouldn't want him to start a long weekend feeling defeated once again.
Then we finished off the evening with a blast from the past viewing of Cool Runnings - Feel the rhythem, Feel the rhyme...ahh I love that movie - good times

Neways I just lost half my post again so I'd better stop now before I throw my computer....arrrrgg ....I hope you all have a super awsome weekend and I'm sure we will have stories to share when we get back - oh right forgot to tell you I think - We are going to San Salvador, El Salvador tomorrow morning at 5:30am...ya thats in a couple hours!!! There are 9 of us going so it should be a sweet trip. Hopefully I'll get to try some surfing...so fun.

Take care and I'll write again soon
Miss you all
Heidi 8)

8 Comments:

  • I agree packages are a little piece of heaven.
    So is having your blog included on someone elses....but alas non for me...sigh.
    Erin

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:15 PM  

  • Heidi,
    Sorry I will nto get to see you when I arrive in Honduras on the 19th. But I am off to see 6000 patients on a medical trip. But I am happy to deliver the treats so you can have a taste of home. By the way , I see you like ot receive packages. Well anytime you want anything just drop me a noter I am good about sending stuff. Doug

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:29 PM  

  • I'm glad you liked your package. I have fun sending them to you :) I hope you have fun in El Salvador. I'm a bit jealous. I think you should send me a post card.

    By Blogger Darcie Dow, At 7:06 PM  

  • hahaha
    Dutch Blitz I love that card game. I got most of my family addicted to it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:50 AM  

  • Erin I've fixed the problem..you are now offically connected to my blog :D woo hoo....
    and Doug that would be awsome..I will definately keep that in mind and take you up on the when I need a cheering up :D
    Darcie I shall see what i can do about a post card however it won't be from El Salvador b/c I didn't get to buy any while i was there. Come to think of it only thing I bought while I was there was a very cool bag/purse like thing.

    Julien that is a great game to have your family addicted to hahaha..we have a life size game here..haven't tried it yet but plan to soon. I'll let you know how that goes and see if i can't get some pictures of it too.

    And I will be writing some of my thoughts on our trip and an update soon..but I have to finish my lesson plans for the week first...the weekend just goes by so fast!!

    By Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~, At 11:11 AM  

  • BEAUTIFUL
    I have FINALLY made the Heidsters blog. Thanks buddy
    Erin

    By Blogger Unknown, At 5:25 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 5:25 PM  

  • Heidi,
    Home at last from Honduras. Now that we know packages are a welcome site, can you give me an address for sending treats.

    Doug
    PS
    Feb. makes you an aunt for a second time. How will Sam handle that one? I expect he will do fine. We shall see.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home